Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) is a suspension control system which goes beyond the single components of Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Cornering Brake Control (CBC) and Automatic Stability Control + Traction (ASC + T).

The steering wheel movement, vehicle speed, transverse acceleration and yaw are all used by DSC to register imminent instability when cornering. DSC then intervenes via the engine management system, reducing drive torque and activating wheel brakes when necessary to keep the vehicle stable. These events occur within milliseconds.

DSC is, in fact, a further development of the ABS and ASC+T slip control systems.

While ASC + T analyzes the longitudinal forces occurring in straight-ahead operation, DSC additionally registers and analyses lateral dynamic forces.

When cornering at high speeds, DSC counters unstable vehicle states such as oversteering (rear of car brakes into a slide towards the outside of the curve) or understeering (front of car pushes towards the outside of the curve).

The DSC feature can provide maximum stability when cornering.

With DSC there is a significant reduction in the risk of skidding.

BMW's Dynamic Stability Control system has been available on a variety of BMW models over the last three years. It is available on the new 3 Series sedan, the X5 and other models.

Sve ove skraćenice u mom prethodnom postu se odnose na BMW, a neki drugi proizvođači iste ili slične sisteme nazivaju drugačije, recimo ASR, ESP, itd. i ne treba da mešaš taj sistem kod Volvoa sa sistemima na BMW-u jer je pitanje koliko je to isto ili ne, odnosno moguće su manipulacije proizvođača. Recimo, običan ASR nazovu DSTC da bi ličilo na BMW-ov DSC, a u stvari je u pitanju stariji i lošiji sistem. Ovo navodim samo kao primer, naravno. Najnaprednija tehnologija kod BMW-a je, dakle, DSC.

BMW-ova vozila sa DSC-om imaju i DTC:

Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) allows more wheel slip and thus a more dynamic driving style with higher wheel traction and DSC controlling stability. A small amount of spin on the drive wheels improves traction when pulling off from a standstill in snow or on loose terrain.

Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) is a sub-function of the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system that can be turned on and off. DTC has two major roles: to regulate traction and to enable sports-style driving while providing active stability control.

When the drive wheels start losing traction the DSC automatically begins stabilisation measures. The Dynamic Stability Control system curbs the engine output and stops slip on the wheels. In exceptional situations, however, a small amount of wheel slip can be an advantage.

When driving in deep snow, slush or on loose terrain a small amount of wheel spin improves traction. For these occasions, as well as those when the drivers want a sportier driving style, the DTC can be activated by pressing a button and this allows more slip and reduces the DSC’s curbing of the engine. The result: better traction and more thrust.

The DTC also makes driving on snow and ice-free roads more dynamic. When activated, the DTC allows sporty drivers more room to manoeuvre around curves than the Dynamic Stability Control and even permits controlled drifts. The driver retains complete control over the vehicle in every situation and the Dynamic Stability Control’s stabilising measures remain active even when the DTC is activated.

tako nesto sam i mislio, mada sam i sa ASC-om prezadovoljan, kako drzi po krivinama njegova azurnost, dakle nema greske dok ga delimicno ili potpuno iskljucis, videcu kakav je po snegu :)

inace znam da osim ABS-a koji je mercedes prvi uveo 1978, sve ostale sisteme prvo su uveli SAAB i VOLVO, tipa volvo je vadusne jastuke za pesake i u pojasu uveo 2007, S klasa tek 2010 ;)

na volvu sa DSTC-om sam prezadovoljan, cak nisam mogao ni da se poigram po snegu ...

Ja sam u januaru prošle godine, kada su bili oni smetovi u Nemačkoj, išao do severa Švedske (2256km u jednom pravcu) i nazad sa osrednjim zimskim gumama i sve je bilo OK, ali bi bilo dobro da su gume bile nove :pleasantry: Auto je bio 520d E60.

Imam e46 iz 2001 godine. Zanima me samo ovo: kada mi je upaljen zuti trougao na kontrolnoj tabli koji pokazuje za ASC, da li je onda upaljen ili iskljucen??? I kako je najbolje da mi stoji? Novi sam u BMW svetu, pa moram da pitam.

Ne znam zasto ti niko dasad nije pomenuo jos jednu funkciju tog zutog torugla...

Elem, kad pokupis neku ribu obavezno to ukljucis, malo mu das po gasu (u krivinama najvise, 2 - 3) i mozes slobodno da preskocis predigru!!! :diablo: :curtsey: :wub: B)

Ne znam zasto ti niko dasad nije pomenuo jos jednu funkciju tog zutog torugla...

Elem, kad pokupis neku ribu obavezno to ukljucis, malo mu das po gasu (u krivinama najvise, 2 - 3) i mozes slobodno da preskocis predigru!!! :diablo: :curtsey: :wub: B)

:P Skroz tacno! ;)